Friday, August 12, 2011

Wyoming, what if you lived there?

Our first stop getting into Wyoming was the Devil's Tower, the first declared US National Monument.



 Wyoming was interestingly flat.  You could see FOREVER.



oh Hey little guy!  Sooo many dogs in truck beds, and they always came in set of 2.

Cowboy Saloon where we pulled into for the Tiebreaker.

More biker friends, Mike and Anna.  They were at Ruby House and took pictures with the Pasties Lady (only some will know that reference), too.  They claim to only be best friends, but we know what's really going on.

After we had our safer route planned, we drove past this truck that was on fire.

This was the beginning of Gabbie's Big Horn Panic Attack.  

Fast Forward past Big Horn mountain....

Kind of. So, yeah. I had a panic attack, because not only have I had to face my fear of driving over bridges on this trip, I've also learned that driving down steep, windy hills at a speed faster than 30 mph "ain't my thang."I had my head buried in TIME magazine (though I couldnt concentrate on actually reading anything) and Steph kept saying "oh my god. gabbie. it's so amazing." I had to look up. I realized that my heart rate wasn't as high if I looked through the back window. SO, I got a few shots of Big Horn.



During our drive through Wyoming, we entertained ourselves by pointing to random little shacks (clearly in the middle of nowhere) and asking, "what if you lived THERE?"  Neither of us could grasp the concept of residing in the middle of an open field that required an hour drive to anything.  People must really plan ahead out here.  



And the towns where you would pick up supplies and groceries were pretty scarce themselves.


But driving into the sunset was beautiful.


1 comment: